Saturday, November 28, 2015

Less is More






Can I appreciate a beautiful piece of jewelry, or a nice shirt, without the urge to buy it and take it back home to join the ever growing pile of unused  belongings?


Can I take an oath of giving away one item- or two- in place of a new item bought?


Why is elegance and style associated with having 10 pairs of pants, 20+ shirts, and endless pairs of shoes? Can I still be elegant and neat without having to wear something different everyday?


How can I appreciate the beauty of one friend lost between the faces of thousands of so called friends in my network? how can I appreciate the magnificence of an artwork crushed under piles of unused electronics and books?


How can I enjoy a life spent between buying something one day, and then thinking of the next thing to buy the next day?


It's a trap...a trap of endless desires waiting to be fulfilled...the trap of "there is always something waiting for you to buy" or "If I bought this I'll be a happier person."


And amid all the belongings and shopping...you lose yourself...you lose your true identity..your true taste..your true needs.


Consumerism comes in different shapes and forms...It's not only in material stuffs...It can appear in knowledge- not being selective about the knowledge you're exposed to; it can come in the form of people you let into your life, the words you consume, and the hours you waste away..


Think before you get and give before you get


Less is more !

No comments:

Post a Comment