Sunday, August 30, 2015

Let it Be..Let it Flow







Whatever is happening is the right thing.. whenever is happening is the right time... where ever  is happening is the right place..

Yesterday, the strength of my Sabainess was tested when I knew that I might need to pay extra fees for my university to be able to defend my thesis because of a delay from my professor's side. The old me wanted to scream at the professor's face, telling him "It's all your fault." and then cry her bad luck and her already tight finances.

Yet, as soon as I knew this piece of news, only one sentence flashed in my mind "Let it be." It echoed with a voice of one of  the Buddhist monks that mentored us during the Peace Revolution retreat... "Let it be. Let it go." and I found myself thanking the professor on the phone for his efforts and telling him I'll do my best to finish on time.

Well, for me this attitude of surrender and peace was so foreign, yet so serene. I felt I didn't have to fight the world as I used to do before. Instead, I can do my best and forget about the rest, for the rest isn't mine. Instead of wasting too much energy on sadness, blame and regrets, I can spend it on something productive and meaningful.

It really takes effort to train your mind and your soul to accept...to surrender to what life brings on... It takes faith and humility as well...but it's worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vACIn3OTK-k


Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment