Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Riding the Rollercoaster in Style







These couple of days have been really hard for me. Lots of important decisions to be made regarding my career, studies and finances; lots of confusion and unanswered questions; and that familiar feeling of unbelonging to this city...this country...this world.

I stopped blogging for the past two days because I thought to myself "Can I blog about mindfulness while being in this state of confusion?" Yet, today, only today I thought that if mindfulness didn't work for me while going through this difficult period, then it is an illusion, or a speech of monks living in a peaceful sanctuary.

So, this morning, I decided to resist that temptation of skipping my morning mindfulness routine to do some work, and thought to myself "I'll be able to do work better if I have a clear mind."

And it happened, after finishing my mindfulness morning routine, I definitely felt fresher, stronger, and more at peace with what is happening in life. I reminded myself that everything is happening for a reason, and even though a lot of what is happening is definitely out of my hand, I can still choose to go through this period in grace, peace and style.

Some of the practical habits I integrated into my life to help me during this period includes the following:

- I changed my sleeping hours to be from 9 pm till 5 am to better suit my biological clock, and to have a fresh time in the morning before work to do my mindfulness routine.

- My mindfulness routine includes the following:

  *Half an hour to an hour of meditation, spiritual readings and quiet time with God.
  *Half an hour of fitness: this can be anything from yoga, dancing, pilates or insanity to awaken my body.
   * A mindful loong shower! :)
   * A big healthy delicious breakfast and coffee.
   * Half an hour of journaling or reading.

This routine definitely help me start my day the right way.

- In addition to the morning routine, I stopped putting any food in my mouth after 6 pm, which helps my digestive system to have some rest, and I wake up the next day feeling lighter.

- I also switched my caffeine drinks during the day with Green or herbal teas that make me feel more relaxed during the day.

My two cents out of all of this: experiment with your habits. See what works for you and stick with it, and if something makes you feel more stressed or uncomfortable, git rid of it.

Aaand...Let it be!!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment