Saturday, September 12, 2015

Be a Mindful Investor





What are your priorities in life? What do you cherish the most? What do you want to invest your life in?

These are all fundamental questions in life. The more you cherish something, the more time and energy you will invest in.

I consider myself to had been a lost soul before I turned twenty. I didn't really know what I wanted out of life. I was struggling during this period in my life with issues like self-identity and my place in the world.

During my twenties, I had so much energy and ambition that I decided to put in building my career and professional work. I devoted most of my time in my work, studies and building a professional network. I am sorry to say that in the process, I lost touch with many of my friends and potential love relationships that I had no time for because I was so focused on my work.

Last January when I became thirty years old, and when life decided to put me in hard trials due to my father's sickness, my endless stress at work, and a sad ending to a love relationship- I decided to take a break from everything. I quit my job which was everything to me during that time, I took a break from lots of activities as I was involved in and decided to sit still for a while and ask myself those questions: "What am I looking for in this life?" "What are my priorities?" "and what kind of life will make me proud if that was the last day in my life?"

These were very intense questions, and the process was deep yet revealing. I decided that in the next stage of my life I will have three priorities to focus on : Spirituality, relationships with friends and family, and arts.  These are the three things that I need at this stage in my life. This doesn't mean that I will quit focusing on my career or professional goals, but I don't think I will devote that same amount of time as I used to do before during my twenties.

Namaste!


No comments:

Post a Comment