Thursday, September 10, 2015

OH...All the Things you Do




At some point in my life, I was doing a lot of things, cramming my schedule as much as possible.  I thought back then that life is too short, and I should not waste my time. I worked myself to the bone; studied a lot; took courses in almost everything; travelled; hopped on and off from one relationship to another, and from one place to another. I was like a crazy dog digging to find that special bone. Yet, I was never satisfied.

My life was simply lacking a clear sense of direction. I thought that more means satisfaction and abundance, I didn't realize that more simply means unnecessary clutter and distractions.

And now, I look at my life quite differently. I can't deny that this period in my life taught me a lot because it got me to experience a lot of things and to know who I really am and what do I want out of life. But, at this stage, I feel the need to be more focused. First, I don't feel that I have the same levels of energy to do everything like before. I'm becoming more and more selective of where I put my energy and time. And definitely adopting the philosophy that "Less is More."

This last week I quit three things in my life because I came up with the conclusion that they don't belong to me anymore. I gave away a lot of my belongings that felt like it's time to belong to someone else. I'm even selective when it comes to the thoughts that decide to enter into my mind, the food entering my mouth, and words coming out.

It feels so peaceful now, so tidy and neat and I feel more in control. Like an empty space with only the essential pieces of furniture... no more cramming!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment